I just wanted to share how I have been making my own homemade soap for cleaning my clothes. It does NOT contain any perfume or toxic chemicals, and it only costs about 5-cents per load. But, best of all, it leaves my clothes feeling fresh and clean!
Here is what you do:
Save bottles of juice or any other containers, adding up to 2 1/2 to 3 gallons
Collect the following INGREDIENTS:
- 1/4 cup of Oxy Clean
- 1/4 cup of Arm and Hammer Washing Soda
- 1 Cup of 20 Mule Borax
- 1 bar of FelzNaphtha soap
You can get most of these ingredients from Walmart or other places selling soaps
- Break down the FelzNaphtha soap into small pieces and boil them in 2 1/2 to 3 gallons of water until the pieces are diluted. (I use a pasta-type of pot, which holds approximately 2 1/2 gallons of water)
- Add and blend all of the other ingredients into the hot water.
- Let the liquid stand for one day, until it becomes a gel. At that point you mix the gel with the bottom part that is mostly water.
- Your mixture is transferred into bottles for storage..
- Use 1/2 cup per load, sometimes one cup if you feel your clothes are very dirty.
- If you are cleaning clothes that are very dirty, making the recipe with ½ cups of Oxy Clean and Arm and Hammer Washing Soda will augment the strength of your soap.
- The process is easy. The most labor-intensive time is breaking down the hard soap. When you fill the bottles, leave about one inch off from the top so you can shake the liquid which goes back to its gel state.
Do you like this post?
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter